Are you interested in joining our Polyamorous Tribe?
You could become a Freelance Journalist or Monthly Columnist!
Contact our CEO if you have any interest:
- Freelance Journalist (write about anything related to our content, on your own schedule)
- Monthly Columnist(pick 1 topic to cover in a multitude of ways through different articles/multiple “parts” to a column; you can choose to do more than 1 column, and can still contribute other articles on a freelance basis)
[Regardless of choice, Article Topic Proposals are always due on the 1st of the month, and Article Submissions are always due on the 15th of the month.]
- Write on your own schedule.
- Pick any topic you want, as long as it is at least loosely related to polyamory (it can also be linked to the LGBTQIA+ community, or other minorities).
- Option of submitting 1 article every month, abiding by the deadlines above OR submitting sporadically.
- Check out the articles on our website to get a better understanding of writing options; though it is by no means all inclusive, and we are always looking to expand our content.
- Must choose at least 1 topic to turn into a monthly column (can write multiple different monthly columns, if you so choose).
- Has the option to ALSO write freelance pieces, alongside monthly column(s).
- Columns have to be submitted by the deadlines, not sporadically (though any additional freelance articles can be submitted whenever).
- Check out our current columns to get an idea of the general setup options for monthly column pieces; though what we have is by no means all inclusive, and we encourage creativity.
- In order to become a columnist you must have 6+ months of reliable submissions as a Freelance Journalist (meaning you have to abide by the deadlines for 6+ months before being considered for a Monthly Columnist position – a 6 month history of sporadic submissions does not qualify).
- 3+ paragraphs required (more preferable)
- Must be written in own voice (no regurgitated info or phony opinion – must have own thoughts, perspective, position, etc.)
- All articles must have a featured image attached
- Must contain information from experience or research (no meaningless random ramblings)
- No bullying/shaming any particular view point or topic
- All freelance journalists & monthly columnistsmust submit a topic proposal
- Having internal and external links (to pages/articles on the Polyamorous Living website or other websites) within your articles is encouraged to help create flow – links may be added by admin where appropriate
- No tags allowed, but every article must be placed in at least 1 category (new categories can be created if needed)
- Articles are written/submitted through WordPress – must have ability to operate WordPress (writing in separate document before posting on WordPress is encouraged)
*This is a volunteer position.